Hello, friends! I hope everyone’s weekend was fantastic. I know I’ve made goals for myself this year, but I have not done any real work on any of it so far. I haven’t been feeling well, so I’ve been super tired, and I’m choosing to take it easy for a little bit until I’m feeling better. One of the things that makes my life easy is my slow cooker, so today I’m showing you my latest recipe for slow cooker pork loin, which BONUS: includes potatoes, so it’s all done in one pan. WOO HOO for less dishwashing (and if you despise washing dishes as much as I do, you’ve also invested in slow cooker liners so there’s even LESS clean up)!
Slow Cooker Maple Bacon Pork Loin
2 lb pork loin (it’s only my husband and I who eat this, so I package up just enough meat for the two of us)
1 cup each white and sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 apple, sliced
4 slices thick cut bacon (or however many you need to cover your piece of pork)
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup yellow mustard (you can use spicy or Dijon, I’m just not really a fan of either)
1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
- Mix together the last 6 ingredients (after bacon!) in a bowl, and set to the side.
- Take the bacon and wrap the pork loin in it by overlapping the slices and tucking them under the pork. Lay it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Surround the pork with the potatoes and the apple slices.
- Pour mixture over top of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
…and there it is, a quick and easy to prepare dinner that’s cooks while you go about your business (or chill on the couch binging trashy TV, I won’t judge)!
Thanks for reading, and until next time!