Need something that will please your taco-Tuesday-loving family that isn’t actually tacos? Try this tater tot casserole. This recipe is super affordable to make (and obviously not healthy,) but when it comes to a picky family they’ll be pretty happy. Just do what I do and eat healthy all day and cheat at dinner!
Spicy Tater Tot Casserole (serves 2+)
1 lb ground turkey or beef
1 package of reduced sodium taco seasoning
4 sweet mini bell peppers or one large bell pepper, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp crushed pepper
1/3 bag of tater tots
1 can of condensed tomato soup
3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add oil to the bottom of a dutch oven. Brown the ground meat mixed with taco seasoning.
3. Mix the peppers, tomatoes, soup, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add to the dutch oven and mix with the meat. Use a spoon or spatula to level it out in the bottom of the pan to ensure even cooking.
4. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the mixture.
5. Add tater tots in an even single layer on the top of the cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes to let the soup mixture thicken.
There you have it, folks. Another delicious weekday supper to make the family happy!